This area contains answers to the most common organizational and technical questions regarding Education Support. If you did not find what you were looking for here, please let us know what information is missing using our contact email address.
I need to log in - Where do I get my login data?
The login data can be obtained from the administrator at your educational institution. Your administrator can request login data for you and it will then be sent to you via email. If an administrator has not yet been defined at your educational institution or you want to be assigned this role, please contact us.
- Send us an email with the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Function [student, teacher, etc.]
- Educational institution
- Address of the educational institution
- Telephone number
- Email address for further correspondence
What benefits do I have when I log onto the B&R website?
- The following functions are possible when logged on:
- Downloading Automation Studio
- Licensing Automation Studio
- Downloading training documents
- Viewing additional information
- Accessing learning materials (video tutorials, recorded webinars, etc.)
I've forgotten my password - What can I do?
If you have forgotten your password, you can click on "Forgot your password?" in the login window. You will then be asked to enter your username and your email address. If you have forgotten your username or your email address has changed, please contact us using the following email address.
How does user administration work on the B&R website?
User administration is the responsibility of the educational institution. Valid administrator login data is required for this purpose. The following is necessary for user administration:
- Log in with administrator login data
- Go to "MyPortal" - Manage users
How can I download Automation Studio from the B&R website?
- You need the following data to download Automation Studio:
- Usernames and passwords
- Automation Studio serial number for your educational institution
- Download procedure
- In the download area, navigate to the Software / Automation Studio / Automation Studio 4.2 section.
- Automation Studio V4.2
- Select the "Automation Studio" category and click on the Download icon.
- You will then be prompted enter a username and password.
- After successfully logging in, you can continue the download.
- You will then be prompted to enter the Automation Studio serial number for your educational institution.
- Automation Studio will then be downloaded.
How can I license Automation Studio?
- The following requirements must be met for licensing:
- Your educational institution is entered in our system.
- You need valid login data for the B&R website.
- Licensing procedure
- If Automation Studio has not yet been licensed, the licensing dialog box will be displayed automatically.
- A complete description of the licensing dialog box can be found in Automation Help.
Licensing is no longer possible - What now?
If licensing Automation Studio is no longer possible, for example because the number of licenses has been exceeded, please contact your advisor.