B&R provides support to students working on their hardware and software projects as well as diploma, bachelor and master theses. From planning, individual discussions and workshops to implementation, B&R is the ideal partner for exciting projects.
It always pays off to have a clear overview. Find out more about automation in general and browse through the various areas of our website. While doing so, go ahead and install Automation Studio.
To be able present your project, you need to develop a project concept. We have a clear vision of how this should be done and require that you prepare your project according to our guidelines. For a project presentation, you need a poster and a short description that represents the basic requirements for a successful presentation.
The first thing you should do is write a short description of your project. You will surely refer back to it often during the process of completing the project. The following information must be included:
- The project concept – How did the idea for the project originate?
- What is special about your project? What makes it challenging or difficult?
- What is your proposed solution and how do you plan to implement it?
- Which B&R hardware is needed?
- [Mandatory information: Name, Adviser, Educational institution, Project name]
The poster is a visual representation of your project concept. Use colors and symbols – inspire the viewer! The following information must be included on the poster:
- Project title
- Project designers
- Project advisor
- Educational institution
- Sketch of the machine or system
- Connections between the B&R hardware and the machine or system
|It is not at all about how the poster or presentation looks, dealing with the project topic is more important. It is necessary to show the important characteristics and special features of your project to those watching the presentation.|
It is easy to notice if a presentation was poorly prepared, even after a lot of practice. Here are some helpful guidelines and tips:
- You have 5 minutes – Having less time available for a presentation means that more work is involved in preparation.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Maintain eye contact with your audience.
- Think about what you are doing with your hands.
- Be sure the topic is clear. What is the goal of your project?
- What makes your proposal interesting?
- Why is your project such an awesome idea?
- What are the benefits of your solution?
- How do you plan to implement your project?
- Don't forget about the target group.
Our range of workshops rounds off the basic preparation. Use the classroom event specially designed for project implementation to put your knowledge into practice. You will receive support from an experienced trainer.
Register for one of the dates (see Schedule: Preparation workshop for a thesis project Schedule: Preparation - Drive technology for a thesis project). The number of participants is limited.
Send us your project description so that we can customize our preparation. Be prepared to present your project during the classroom-based workshop.
- Recommended procedure:
- Timely registration
- Prepare for the workshop accordingly. You will find information on this in "Orientation" and "Preparation and project presentation"
- Bring your poster to the classroom-based workshop
- Bring your notes and any documentation
- Bring your own laptop
- Install Automation Studio 4.8 before coming to the event.
Not all questions can be answered during the B&R introductory tutorials. Also work through the corresponding training modules. Note your questions and we will talk about them during the classroom-based workshop. It pays to take part.
Tip: If you have downloaded this document or specific training modules from our website, you can use the highlighting feature and add notes directly in these PDF files.
Please note that we can only loan out hardware after you have completed the classroom-based workshop.